InformAmuse is a young SME established in 2009 as an academic spin-off of the University of Palermo.
The Company mission is to "inform by amusing", so that a simple tour can be turned into an immersive adventure inside history and arts.
InformAmuse products integrate different technologies, such as GPS positioning, QR optical codes readers, spherical image navigation systems, inertial sensors, proven and patented innovative ICT technologies.
A number of Mobile Apps are readily available on online stores, in different languages:
- Akrai to show the ancient theater and archaeological site of Akrai and Ferento.
- SiciliaWineCloud to allow users to visit the 8,000 sqmt of the Sicily Pavilion at Vinitaly.
- MDMartidec to present the temporary exhibition "Sicilia ritrovata. Arti decorative daiMuseiVaticani e dalla Santa Casa di Loreto" the MuseoDiciocesano di Monreale, a unique collection of religious masterpieces made by the Sicilian school of jewelry from 1530 to 1670.
- Sicilia@fruitlogistica to discover the beauty and the quality of Sicilian fruits and products, showcased during the Fruit Logistica Trade Show in Berlin.
- iMussomeli to enjoy the visit to the splendid castle in the heart of Sicily with two magnificent 360° panoramas.
- Streating to guide users in Palermo’s world of street food, a selection of more than twenty "food sanctuaries" where you can enjoy tasty specialties comfortably.
- Ipalatina to lead users through a stunning visit of the Palatine Chapel in Palermo and its famous mosaics. The Palatine Chapel is the best example in the world of the so-called Arab-Norman-Byzantine style.
InformAmuse QRouteMe® technology is a complex, multichannel information system to build and deliver rich user-experiences in museums, exhibits and large events Users of QRouteMe® may access multimedia information about the surrounding environment, and also find and be found, by means of large interactive screens and also on their personal mobile devices. QRouteMe® allows site managers to coordinate the information flow, to manage advertisements, and to check the related statistics. The system has been deployed during the following international events: Vinitaly for 4 years in a row since 2011, London International Wine Fair 2011, Prowein 2012, Fruitlogistica 2012 and 2013.